Probably the most commonly asked question we get asked in the automotive industry is, “Do I have to take my new car back to the dealer for my car servicing to maintain the manufacturer’s warranty?” So, lets take a look at the truths behind this question and break down the facts.
Questions and answers:
- Do I have to return to the dealer to have my new car serviced? No.
- Will I void my warranty if I have my new car serviced elsewhere? No.
- Do you have all the necessary computers and equipment to service my car as per the manufacturers standard? Yes.
- Do you use the correct parts and oils to ensure my warranty is not void? Yes.
- Will you stamp my log book? Yes.
The ACCC states that consumers have the option to choose who services their new car whilst still maintaining their new car warranty, provided the below conditions are met:
- The vehicle is serviced as per the manufacturers service schedule. This includes ensuring the correct service schedule is followed and the vehicle is serviced at the right time and km intervals.
- The service is completed by a licensed mechanic and by a licensed workshop.
- The correct parts and oils are used on the vehicle that are either genuine or OEM equivalent quality.
At Mobile Mechanics In Motion, we are fully licensed, we have all the appropriate data to ensure we follow the correct service schedules, and we use OEM equivalent parts to ensure we can safely service your new vehicle without voiding your new car warranty.
Another major benefit to you is that on average we are at least 20% cheaper than the dealer. Plus, you don’t have to worry about dropping off and picking up your car from the dealership and losing your car for a whole day. We are convenient and are usually finished within a couple of hours.